The Committee has appointed Mr. Albert Khaicy to coach members on Sundays.
Albert’s distinguished playing and coaching career spanning more than 40 years in volleyball brings a unique vision and perspective to the club. An accredited coach who maintains a coaching career as a hobby, juggling the ownership of his small business, playing volleyball and family commitments forces him to be well organised and strategic in his planning of training sessions.
Age and experience have heightened rather than dimmed his passion for increasing the participation in his chosen sport. Just a few minutes with Albert reveals a deeply passionate man who allows his results to endorse his methods.
Freezone is proud to have secured the services of such a distinguished, qualified and skilled coach, and gratefully acknowledge the support of Elias Tran & Co; Accountants and Business Advisors, whose sponsorship makes this appointment possible.
Over the next few weeks we ask for your patience whilst Albert gets to know us, and we work with him on organisational strategies to work towards his goals.
A Coaching page will be added to the website to record sessions and for members to add their thoughts and comments on this club development.
Wednesday Night Match play is being offered to members who wish to participate for a fee of $5 per person. Albert is keen to encourage players to play at least 2 times per week, and the Club will assist with car pooling where possible. This venue has a single court and Albert and his team look forward to Freezoners joining them on this night.
Details: Riverwood Community Center 151 Belmore Rd Riverwood NSW 2210
Time 19.30 – 21.30 COST: $5 per person on entry
All abilities welcome: learn, train, become a team. Participate, be included and achieve your personal best. Bring your own ball if you have one.
Interested? Contact Boris To – Teams Coordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org
The Process the Club Has Undertaken
Julias, Peter, Khit, Darren, Yumi, Amit, Rata, Warrick, James, Jeffrey, Offie, and others too numerous to mention have assisted us in the process of appointing a coach. In summary: following a call to Freezoners to have their say, the Committee:
- Prepared a Position Description, Grading Guidelines, Letter of Appointment, and Advertisement calling for applicants. Most of these documents are available online: in ABOUT US > Management
- The coaching position was advertised on ‘Sports Coach,’ in the Sydney Star Observer, to UTS Volleyball Club coaching panel, to all NSWVB Affiliated clubs, and to Freezone Members.
- Emailed applications were received from 2 candidates, as well as several phone calls and international inquiries. 2 suitably qualified and experienced coaches were interviewed by Julias, Peter and Wally (as other members of the committee were not available due to work commitments).
- The selection was made unanimously by the interview panel, with the aim of attempting to establish a Coach and Assistant as part of a succession plan.
- Albert Khaicy will commence on Sunday April 18th, 2010. The Committee expects that the proposed ‘model’ and time frame of coaching sessions will alter to the original plan as Albert sees our Sunday Training in action, and adapts his style to us.
Several club members have indicated to the committee they would like a coach to assist them at training on Sundays. To make this work we need to approach a coach with a Position Description that clearly sets out the aims and objectives of Freezone, as set out in the Constitution.
The Committee is keen to protect the Club’s status as one of Sydney’s premier social volleyball clubs, whilst addressing skill improvement in a professional and cost effective manner that is affordable to all, whether they be students, visitors, or long-standing club members.
We need your input. This is your forum to have your say, please help us develop the Position Description and funding process that best addresses the needs of all.
Add your comments, and please don’t be discouraged by ‘having bad English,’ your comments will be moderated and corrected if necessary prior to publication on our site.
A Draft Position Description will be posted following the Mardi Gras Tournament.