Dear fellow club members and close associates,
On behalf of the committee, I would like to warmly invite you to our 2011 Freezone Annual General Meeting. It will be held on Sunday, 17th July at Sydney Boys High School Gymnasium, 1st Floor, from 2pm to 3pm (just before Sunday Training). While the club could not have existed till now without the persisting dedication and hard, voluntary work from former and current committee members, the club is ultimately composed of you, the members. This is a great opportunity for you to lay everything out on the table for open discussion, whether it is a positive or negative matter. We sincerely welcome and appreciate your attendance as we value your opinions and feedback and take your suggestions seriously in making continuous improvements. These are very important for sustaining the club and for ensuring its smooth operation in the future.
The open meeting will focus on:
- reviewing the club’s initiatives over the past year
- reviewing the club’s financial status from 2010-2011 (For those interested in our financial position, this is a good chance as we only reveal these to public once per year in the AGM)
- evaluation of social events, volleyball tournaments and health programs held and/or proactively promoted by the club between 2010-2011
- setting new goals and objectives for 2011-2012 as well as strategies in order to achieve these
- appointment of 2011-2012 Freezone committee members (executive members [president, secretary and treasurer]; venue coordinator; social events coordinator; teams coordinator; and 6 general committee members)
For further detail, please refer to 2011_07_17 Draft FZ AGM Agenda (Rev 1)
I would also like to draw your special attention to nominations of Freezone committee positions (listed above). It is now open and all you need to do is to fill out the nomination form (which can be found in: http://www.freezonevolleyball.org/?attachment_id=39) and return it as a hard/soft-copy to me during or before the meeting. For details of each positions’ role, please visit: http://www.freezonevolleyball.org/?page_id=52. Please note that you may nominate yourself and the nominee must be a current member of Freezone. We strongly urge you to do this because the club will benefit from your help and support regardless of your age, gender, ethnic background, sexual orientation, English proficiency and professional skills etc etc. In short, we love and welcome variety.
Secretary of Freezone Volleyball Club